Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player is being sold India at Rs 2.299 through e-commerce website Snapeal from yesterday (December 10th). The device is currently sold in US for $35.
Google Chromecast is a pen drive like thumb device with a male HDMI connecter which can be connected directly to your LCD/LED TV and stream video services like Hulu, Netflix, YouTube and content from Google Play. Unfortunately, Services which are restricted to US ie: Hulu and Netflix won’t be available on Indian connections. However, you can view Youtube,movies from Google play and apps from partners like Eros Now, Spuul and YuppTV.
Brief Summary :
- Stream HD videos, music and anything on the web to your TV using your smartphone, tablet or laptop
- Supports YouTube, Google Play Movies and Music, as well as anything on the web using Chrome browser
- Chromecast works with Android smartphones and tablets, iPhones and iPads, Chrome for Windows, Chrome for Mac and Chromebooks.
- Easy set-up: Plug into any HDMI port on your TV and connect to your home Wi-Fi network
- 4 Mbps & above broadband Wifi connection is necessary for an optimal experience
Output: HDMI, CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) compatible
Max. Output Video Resolution: 1080 p
Dimensions: 72 (L) x 35 (W) x 12 (H) mm
Weight: 34 g
Wireless Standards: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11 n 2.4 GHz only)
Wireless Security: WEP, WPA / WPA2
Power: USB (USB cable and power adapter included)
In the box: Chromecast, HDMI extension cable, USB power cable, Power adaptor
Airtel along with Eros have special offer on new subscriptions. Eros International will give free access to their full catalogue of content for a period of 2 months. This will include popular Bollywood and regional movies along with music and TV shows.
Existing Airtel customers who buy Chromecast will get a whooping 20GB data/month FREE of cost for first 3 months.
Google Chromecast can be connected directly to your Smartphone, Tablet an PCs to stream online content to your TV.
Streaming Music or movies online / over LAN can be fun, you can read here – HowTo:
Note: USB is required to power your Chromecast dongle. If you don’t have a USB port on your TV, you can use the power cord given and power it through external source. Once the device is powered up and is connected to the TV using HDMI, you can configure it using your Smartphone.