iTunes store offers plenty of free stuff like Apps, TV episodes, Music, podcast, etc. To Download this free content, you will need an account at the iTunes store and a Credit Card for the same. Also, some applications in the free section is restricted to U.S users only. Most users might not be having credit cards or don’t want to give out their credit card details online. iTunes store will not charge your credit card for any free content you download; it will just remain on the file. Though its all free most of them will still hesitate to give out card details for many reasons.
Well, here’s a solution. Even if you are not from U.S, you still can register as a U.S user and continue with the registration skipping the payment method page.
Just follow these simple steps:
1. Download and install iTunes from the Apple website http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ . Once done installing, launch iTunes and select the “iTunes Store” from the left side panel options (displays iTunes Store home page).
2. Now go to the bottom of the page and Click Change Country or the Flag and Select the United States flag on the next page.
3. Go to the top and select App Store > Great Free Apps.
4. Once you are at the Free Apps page, click the FREE button near any app.
5. On clicking the Free button, a window will pop asking you to create a new account, Click Create New Account.
6. Continue with the registration process as you usually do accept all the terms of service, etc.
7. You will be directed to a page where you will be asked to enter the Payment method. Here, check the last bullet option NONE. Enter valid US postal address details and Continue.
8. A verification email will be sent on the given email ID, and you are done registering for a Free iTunes Store Account.
9. Open your mailbox and click the verification link, iTunes will be launched and prompt you to enter the Apple ID and password you just created
On login, you will get a message Your iTunes Store account has been successfully created.
Note: If you try to create an account from the link on the iTunes Store homepage, you will be missing the option called “None” in the Payment Method page, and you end up compulsorily submitting your credit card details.