After running the Windows 10 Technical Preview for nine months Microsoft finally released their Windows 10 version last month. According to the Microsoft’s Counter Windows 10 upgrades at 16 per second. This is the far-right side of a very large, and rapidly-increasing, number.
This new Windows is available as a free upgrade for existing Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 users. While upgrading or installing softwares we often tend to check the “Terms and conditions” without actually reading it. If so was your case while installing or upgrading your Windows OS to windows 10, then you are being spied.
Microsoft’s new service agreement consists of about 12,000 words, which clearly states that the operating system will be invading your privacy like never before.
An excerpt from the Microsoft’s new service agreement says:
“WE WILL ACCESS, DISCLOSE AND PRESERVE PERSONAL DATA, INCLUDING YOUR CONTENT (SUCH AS THE CONTENT OF YOUR EMAILS, OTHER PRIVATE COMMUNICATIONS OR FILES IN PRIVATE FOLDERS), WHEN WE HAVE A GOOD FAITH BELIEF THAT DOING SO IS NECESSARY TO….”
- Customizing privacy setting – disabling access to your location, contacts, messaging details and camera. Then disable/turn the settings off accordingly.
- Disabling Cortana
- Disabling ADS
- Switching to Local account instead of using Microsoft account.
However, there is a one-click solution to make Windows 10 more secure using a tiny tool.
Destroy Windows 10 Spying is a portable app that can block anonymous data being sent, remove apps that can’t be removed the standard way and more.
The Main window.
Make sure you check the following options in professional mode.
- Delete keylogger and telementry
- Add spy domains to hosts file, and block Windows Firewall.
- Disable SPY tasks.
- Few useful utilities include:
1. Restore System: Before using Destroy Windows 10 Spying You can create a System Restore point using this option in case you want to rollback to your previous Windows 10 settings.
To enable System restore Feature go to : Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System and click “System Protection”
2. Delete One Drive: You may want to Delete Microsoft’s One Drive if you don’t use it.
3. Disable UAC: You my choose to disable the User Account Control using this button.
4. Enable/Disable Windows Update: Windows 10 automatically updates in background, this option comes enabled by default.
I recommend keeping the Windows update option enabled for all the security fixes and driver updates.
Now, Go to the main tab and click the Destroy Windows 10 Spying button.
You will be prompted to RESTART your system and you’re done. Now you’ve stopped windows 10 spying on you.
Download page : https://github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/releases
Download link : Destroy Windows 10 Spying (171 KB)